The purpose of this individual assessment is to give students an opportunity to create an integrated project management plan that meets industry standards and objectives. In analysing the organisational factors….
Write a 1-page summary analyzing your finding regarding the profitability of the stores.
Bibitor, LLC is a retail wine and spirit company, with 79 locations within the fictional state of Lincoln. Depending on the year-end, sales can range from 420-450 million dollars and cost of goods sold can range from 300-350 million dollars. The total number of records in the dataset is 15 million. This includes sales transactions (12.5 to 13 million records) purchase transactions (2.3 to 2.5 million records) and inventory.
· Download the Bititor LLC dataset
· Open the dataset in tableau and join the two datasheet together using Brand = Brand (SalesFinal3312017.cvs)
Respond to the Case Questions:
Part I Requirement 1: Using these two Dashboards, describe Sales and Cost of Goods Sold (COGS) in a short memo
· Your memo should be formatted as below.
Short Memo: To: CFO From: Your Name Re: Bibitor LLC
Very truly yours, Your Name
· Requirement 2: Using Tableau, recreate the first Dashboard (Sales by Store). The Summary box is optional.
Assist the CFO in creating Worksheets and Dashboards to answer these questions:
· What is the total Sales Dollars and percentage breakdown of wine and spirits? **Classification 1 is spirits; 2 is wine***
· What is the most popular Size for wine and for spirits based on Sales Dollars and Quantity (include the total Sales Dollars and Quantity in your answer)? Provide the CFO with some reasons why this is important for managing the business.
· Who is the most popular Vendor for wine and for spirits based on Sales Dollars and Quantity (include the total Sales Dollars and Quantity in your answer)? Provide the CFO with some reasons why this is important for managing the business.
· Which Stores have the highest and lowest average sales price for wine and spirits?
· What seasons/months are sales the highest and lowest? Provide the CFO with some reasons why this is important for managing the business.
· If you were the CEO or CFO, what other data/variables would you want to collect to improve your business and why?
· Calculate the following variables
· COGS: Sales Quanity * Purchase Price =
· Gross Profit: Gross Profit= Sales – COGS =
· Create a Scatter Graph comparing each store’s Sales and Gross Profit. Does the relationship appear to be linear? What is the equation of the trend line? Why wouldn’t all of the stores be exactly on the trend line since each store has access to the same inventory?
· Create a Worksheet to determine the percentage that each Store contributes to the overall Gross Profit. Use the Classification variable to filter based on spirits and wine. Convert your Worksheet into a Stacked Bar Chart. What percent does Store 76 contribute to the overall gross profit? What percent does Store 76 contribute to Gross Profit based on wine only? Spirits only?
· Individually, which two stores have the highest Gross Profit %? Individually, which two stores have the lowest Gross Profit %?
· What kind of decisions could be made when examining a store’s contribution to overall gross profit for the company? What kind of decision could be made when comparing individual store gross profit percentages?
· Write a 1-page summary analyzing your finding regarding the profitability of the stores. Include recommendations to improve profitability and additional information management would want to collect to improve the company’s profitability. You can include dashboards as appendices to support your argument.