One of the most important parts of a dissertation is the dissertation analysis chapter. It primarily focuses on two things:
• Data collected through different methods
• Researcher’s analysis of that data
Key to a Good Dissertation Analysis Chapter
The data presentation should be easy to understand and précised so that the meaning is conveyed to the reader. Remember that if you need to explain something; try to explain it in a way that it successfully delivers your point of view in few words.
Let’s have a look at following important tips to write a high-quality dissertation analysis chapter.
A brief overview that should contain step by step process of how the research was conducted. This section should include:
• Data type.
• Data collection instruments.
• All assumptions made during the study.
• Actual data that was collected.
• Any statistical or qualitative inquiry that was performed.
• Insights that were drawn from every question.
Before ending this section, you should add a summary to intrigue curiosity for the readers and what should they expect in this later on. Furthermore, you should also have a look at some of the below-mentioned recommendations in order to avoid any shortcomings:
• Try to reference the analysis with literature review. It will add value to your proposed theory.
• The analysis should show your critical side and your judgment about the subject matter.
• In case you have found a new theme, you should be able to correlate it with the all over result obtained from the analysis.
• In addition to that, it should also contain a detailed explanation of any possible hypothesis.
A Final Word
Remember that the analysis chapter is actually the only chapter in your dissertation that helps you to identify trends and patterns. Therefore, you should prefer the best approach and tools to look for the gaps and similarities before drawing a conclusion.