Unit 2 Assignment
Critical Path Method
American InterContinental University
Delete highlighted information.
The introduction is the best opportunity to convince your audience that you have something worthwhile to say (one solid paragraph). An introduction can accomplish this by fulfilling five important responsibilities, as follows:
- Get the audience’s attention.
- Introduce the topic.
- Explain its relevance to the audience.
- State a thesis or purpose.
- Outline the main points.
Critical Path Method
- Define what the critical path method (CPM) is relative to project planning.
Critical Path Importance
- Explain the importance of a critical path in a project plan.
- Define what a PERT diagram is relative to project planning.
- Explain the importance of a PERT diagram in a project plan.
- Review the PERT diagram below, and discuss how you would find the critical path.
Marie, Darren, and Noah are standing at an intersection in Atlanta’s northwest corner. They decide to eat dinner at a restaurant in the southeast corner of the city, but each chooses to take a different path to travel across town, as follows:
- Marie takes a bus that zigzags across surface streets: She makes it to the restaurant in 24 minutes.
- Darren decides to take the subway that travels directly to the restaurant: He makes it to the restaurant in 14 minutes.
- Noah travels with a bicycle along a path and makes it to the restaurant in 19 minutes.
The three cannot eat dinner until the last person has reached the restaurant.
- Based on the scenario above and using the CPM, determine which person (Marie, Darren, or Noah) is on the critical path.
- Explain why you selected the person while supporting your selection using detailed information from the scenario.
Work Breakdown Structure (WBS)
- Define what a WBS is relative to project planning.
- Explain the importance of the WBS in a project plan.
- Define what a Gantt chart is relative to project planning.
- Using the information in the Gantt Chart attachment, answer the following question.
- Today is May 10th, what can you determine about the status of the project?
The conclusion is the last thing that the reader will remember about your essay.
- The conclusion should be a summary of the highlights of your statement of purpose.
- The conclusion should include the main points of the statement of purpose.
- The conclusion should be well-constructed and grammatically correct.
Réveillac, J. (2017). Modeling and simulation of logistics flows 1: Theory and fundamentals (1st ed.). Wiley.