5-2 Discussion: Contingency and Dr. King Discussion Topic Top of Form Starts Sep 28, 2019 11:59 PM Bottom of Form Based on your reading in the webtext, respond to the….
What were the hopes and successes of Reconstruction after the Civil War? What were the major challenges and setbacks?
The midterm on Thursday will consist of an essay based on the video-lectures and assigned readings. Students should have completed the videos/readings prior to the midterm. Students will have all day to complete and submit the essay. The midterm will begin at 9:00am and students will have till 11:30pm to submit the PDF or Word document to Turnitin.
- Interwar Period: Society/Economy of the 1920s, the Great Depression and New Deal Give Me Liberty, Chapters 20 and 21
- World War II at Home and Abroad Give Me Liberty, Chapter 22
ASK FOR VIDEOS ACCESS
Write an essay on ONE of the following prompts: (The essay should be 5-6 paragraphs and can only use information from the assigned readings and video lectures and slides. The essay must be typed, double spaced with 12-pt font, and submitted as a PDF or Word document through Turnitin).
1. What were the hopes and successes of Reconstruction after the Civil War? What were the major challenges and setbacks? What contributed to the abrupt end and failure of Reconstruction, and what problems remained in the South in the aftermath?
2. What led to the Industrial Revolution in the United States? How did industrialization change American society and economy during the Gilded Age? In what ways did the new immigration differ from previous patterns of immigration to the U.S.? How did the new immigration affect American society?
3. What major social and economic changes occurred in the U.S. during and after World War 1? What caused the Great Depression, and how did it affect the nation? What did FDR do about the crisis? How did the government’s role in the economy and society change as a result of the Great Depression?