“Operations Strategy” Please respond to the following: •Choose two service companies that you are familiar with such as Facebook, eBay, and UPS, and apply them to Hill’s Strategy Development Framework…..
The Logan Together Project – Using the mascots above students are required first required to research and identify an opportunity for the Logan Together project
This piece of assessment comprises of two components: (1) Opportunity analysis and (2) Marketing mix plan; which together contribute to a complete/overall Marketing Plan. For this reason, students are required to complete the Opportunity Analysis first and then following this, they will be required to complete the marketing mix plan.
The Opportunity Analysis is an INDIVIDUAL assessment task.
The Marketing Mix Plan is an INDIVIDUAL assessment task.
The “client” chosen is The Logan Together Project. This is a project aiming to increase the health and wellbeing for 0-8 year olds in the Logan region and potentially Australia wide.
The links are below will provide you with information on the organisation and what they are trying to achieve within specific child age ranges.
|0-1 year||1-3 years||3-5 years||5-8 years|
For this project, along with Logan Together organisational brand above, you are to market one of the branded mascots within the age ranges shown. The idea is to develop a branded product that can be marketed to the publics associated with that age range. You will select the age range you would like to work with, and use the mascot associated with that age range. The marketing plan for the new branded product needs to be simple, yet engaging, doable and realistic.
AIM: Using the mascots above students are required first required to research and identify an opportunity for the Logan Together project (assessment 2). You will submit your opportunity in your assignment to your tutor for their feedback. This will ensure that the idea you suggest has merit and is capable of being undertaken.
You are then to identify a specific target market (as above) and develop a marketing mix campaign that can be used to market the branded product to the target market chosen (assessment 3).
This is a real world case study requiring you to apply the knowledge you obtain through this course to a wonderful cause. We would like to see you learn from and, importantly add value to your “client” in the context of marketing. For this reason, any of the ideas that you pose for this assessment task, will be relayed back to Logan Together and hopefully they will adopt some of your suggestions for the betterment of this Federal, State, and regional sponsored project.
NOTE: Discussion of the assessment task will occur in the online classroom sessions starting in week 2. You should orient yourself with the Logan Together project prior to listening to the first online classroom.
Students should open in a separate document the (1) situation analysis template and (2) the marketing mix plan template. It is advised that students download, save and subsequently use these templates to guide both assessment items.
The templates will detail all the sections that students are required to complete. By following the templates, students will ensure that they do not miss any sections for which they are required to complete.
Please adhere to the templates. The templates stipulate approximate word counts for each section. Whilst sometimes students are eager to give as much information as possible, the idea behind a marketing plan (which comprise of the situation analysis and marketing mix plan) is to get straight to the point. However, students need to be mindful that the decisions that they make may in some cases need to be supported to justify that decision being made. In such cases, relevant and current references should be included. This will give validation to their proposal/idea and also show depth of application. You must use a minimum of 10 references in Assessment 2, and 10 additional references in Assessment 3.
- The overall plan should be 3500 words (+/- 10%). 1500 words comprises of the situation analysis (Assessment #2) and 2000 words for the marketing mix plan (Assessment #3).
- The title page, executive summary and table of contents are not included in the word count. You will only complete an executive summary for the opportunity analysis (Assessment #2).
- Figures and tables should be used where appropriate, and are not included in the word count, nor are quotes and references. All figures and tables should be labelled.
- NO APPENDICES should be attached to the report. For this reason, all diagrams, illustrations, tables etc. should be embedded throughout the plan.
- Arial or Times New Roman, 11 or 12 font, single spaced.
- A reference list should be included. Both academic and non-academic sources are acceptable. This includes websites. You must use either American Psychological Association (APA) or Harvard referencing style. There is an APA referencing guide included under the assessment folder on [email protected]