Assignment: Choose FOUR of the questions below. Using details from the chart and the information in the lessons, answer each question in three or more sentences. Be sure to answer the questions in your own words using.
- What is a Theocracy? Which civilizations were governed under this method?
- Compare & contrast Ziggurats & Pyramids. What functions did they serve, which groups of people within the society built them; when were they built?
- Select one written work from THREE of the ancient societies and summarize what they wrote about.
- The Phoenicians gave two important contributions to the world. Describe these two things and explain their importance.
- The Indus river valley had kiln-baked bricks, while the Mesopotamians sun baked their bricks. Which method was more effective, and why?
- What do the terms polytheism and monotheism mean? In which civilizations were they practiced?
- If you could go back in history, which of the five civilizations would you visit and why?