Mini Corporate Case
In this assignment students will analyze a pressing problem that a corporation (of their choice) faces and write a mini case. A mini case is also called a caselet, which is a shorter version of a larger case study. For example,Corporate Communicationby Paul A. Argenti andEthics for International Businessby John M. Kline have several full-length case studies. A good example of a mini case or caselet, however, is the mini case study of Walmart, Argenti p. 82.
Length: 1,100-1,200 words
The problem-solution case writing approach concludes with “alternative strategies and recommendations,” and endeavors to explore, “What if?” scenarios.
The case research may be based upon public sources, company sources, or interviews. It must include citations and sources – just like a research paper.
The following caselet examples may be helpful.
- “Case Writing Guide”
- “Coors Caselet” is worth reading for guidance
The following texts are used in the course:
- Argenti, Paul.Corporate Communication, 8th Edition. New York: McGraw Hill, 2022.
- Kline, John M.Ethics For International Business: Decision Making in a Global Political Economy. New York: Routledge, 2010.
- Steger, Ulrich.Corporate Diplomacy: The Strategy for a Volatile, Fragmented Environment. Chichester, England: John Wiley &Sons, 2003.
- Chapter 6
- Case: “Unsafe in Any Country”
- Lane, Jill.Case Writing Guide.Schreyer Institute for Teaching Excellence (Penn State University). (PDF)
- Haas School of Business at UCL.Coors Caselet.Berkeley mini case. (MS Word)
- Chinese Glasses: How Chinese Say “No”(video)
- Let’s deal with China – Intercultural communication(video)