(1) List and describe the four unique elements of services? (Hint: the Four I’s of services)
(2) How do marketers of service overcome the problems associated with each element of services?
- Intangibility: The tendency of services to be a performance that cannot be held or touched, rather than an object.
- Inconsistency: A characteristic of services because they depend on people to deliver them, and people vary in their capabilities and in their day-to-day performance.
- Inseparability: The difficulty of separating the deliverer of the service from the service itself.
- Inventory: The need to have service production capability when there is service demand.