5-2 Discussion: Contingency and Dr. King Discussion Topic Top of Form Starts Sep 28, 2019 11:59 PM Bottom of Form Based on your reading in the webtext, respond to the….
Identify and analyze major actions taken by the English Parliament during the 1760s that angered the colonists, and discuss specifically at least one act that dealt with what the colonists viewed as unfair taxation.
1. Question: (TCO 4) Which of the following made up the largest segment of Spain’s colonial population by the 1700s?
2. Question: (TCO 1) Maryland was the only southern colony
3. Question: (TCO 4) Slave traders from the colonies
4. Question: (TCO 4) The French and Indian War was also called
5. Question: (TCO 2) After Britain issued the Intolerable Acts, colonists punished anyone supporting British policies or officials by
6. Question: (TCO 2) According to the Loyalists, legitimate authority over the colonists was held by the
7. Question: (TCO 2) The Patriots would not have won the Battle of Yorktown and the American Revolution without help from
8. Question: (TCO 1) Why was it difficult to make changes to the Articles of Confederation?
9. Question: (TCO 1) The constitution divides government power
10. Question: (TCO 3) The assertion that states the right to disobey federal law was called
11. Question: (TCO 3) The creation of an integrated national economy became known as
12. Question: (TCO3) The bloodiest slave uprising in U.S. History was
13. Question: (TCO 3) James Polk
14. Question: (TCO 2) In the 1848 election, why were Whigs and Democrats forced to take a stand on slavery?
15. Question: (TCO 2) How did Northerners respond to the Fugitive Slave Act?
16. Question: (TCO 8) Lee’s smaller army defeated McClellan’s larger force and kept Union troops out of Richmond because
17. Question: (TCO 8) Which Civil War battle decisively turned the tide of the war in favor of the Union?
18. Question: (TCO 10) Many immigrants came to the U.S. to avoid
19. Question: (TCO 10) How did the Triangle Shirtwaist Factory fire affect industrial reforms?
20. Question: (TCO 7) What nation informed American authorities about the Zimmerman note?
21. Question: (TCO 7) What was the name of the agreement that ended World War I?
22. Question: (TCO 11) During the 1920s, the stock market
23. Question: (TCO 11) Prohibition was enforced by the
24. Question: (TCO 11) Which economic factors led to the Great Depression?
25. Question: (TCO 7) Hitler justified Germany’s aggression by stating that
1.) Provisions, weakness and western problem of Articles of Confederation
2.) Arguments over slavery after Mexican War. How did N/S differ over issues. Presidential Election of 1848 (parties and candidates). How election led to Civil War.
3.) Two causes of WWi. Events that led US into War. America’s contribution to war and how helped end war.
4.) Main events of Cuban Missile Crisis and Vietnam War. How events affected relationship bw US and Soviet Union.
5.) main provisions of the Constitution of 1787 & compromises at the convention. Discuss formation of Democratic-Republicans and the Federalists, Discuss differences and best known members of each party.
6.) Identify and analyze Dred Scott Decision w/ political reaction. Discuss election of 1860 and how controversary divided party into north and south. Analyze ascendary of Ab Lincoln to presidency.
7.) 2 causes of WWII. America foreign policy before war and how changed after. How battle of britian influence American opinion.
8.) Identify and analyze major actions taken by the English Parliament during the 1760s that angered the colonists, and discuss specifically at least one act that dealt with what the colonists viewed as unfair taxation. Then discuss the significance to the colonists of the Tea Act and the Coercive Acts and why these particularly galled the colonists. Make sure you use enough details to support your answer.