Human Factors Briefs are based on the course learning outcomes and module objectives. The
assignments will have you develop a brief that highlights human factors issues or principles related to
the module topics. These typically are posed as problems or situations in an applied setting and will
have you address human factors considerations focusing on the cognitive elements specified. You may
find examples and similar situations in the literature; however, you will need to become proficient in
using key words that encompass human factors principles and issues as you conduct your searches for
material. Critical thought and reasonable problem-solving skills will be essential. For this course, the
written products must:
• Be at least 800 words (be sure to include a cover page, abstract and conclusion), and references, with
Times New Roman font using 12-point size, all per APA format and style 6th edition.
• Consist of a title that reflects your topic, an introductory paragraph (Note: An introduction heading is
not used in APA format), sections that address the assignment requirements, and a summary paragraph.
• Incorporate scholarly sources to support your analyses and recommendations, beyond those included in
• Include citations and references (properly formatted using APA style guidelines).
• Not use quotations from sources.