Part 1: Case Studies Directions: Identify the DSM-5 diagnostic criteria that you notice in the case studies below and explain how the client meets the criteria. Include the diagnosis that….
How can the resource-based view of the firm help us understand why firms develop and use cooperative strategies such as strategic alliances and joint ventures?
1. How can the resource-based view of the firm help us understand why firms develop and use cooperative strategies such as strategic alliances and joint ventures?
2. What is the relationship between the core competencies a firm possesses, the core competencies the firm feels it needs, and decisions to form cooperative strategies?
3. What does it mean to say that the partners of an alliance have “complementary assets?” What complementary assets to Renault and Nissan share?
4. What are the risks associated with the corporate-level strategic alliance between Renault and Nissan? What have these firms done to mitigate these risks?
5. Is it possible that some of the firms mentioned in this Mini-Case (e.g., Renault, Nissan, Mazda, Peugot-Citroen, Opel-Vauxhall) might form a network cooperative strategy? If so, what conditions might influence a decision by these firms to form this particular type of strategy?