GROUP INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS STRATEGIC PLANASSESSMENT 3
This group assessment builds on Assessments 1 and 2 and allows you to apply multiple frameworks to identify, analyse and evaluate key location attributes to choose key markets to operate in, an international strategy to follow and an entry-mode as a strategy to enter and operate in these markets.
Key Assessment Information
|Overview||Length or Duration||Worth||Due|
|Strategic Plan||4000 Words||50%||Monday Week 8|
The purpose of this assessment to:
- Consolidate the collective work of your team from Assessments 1 and 2 and shortlist up to 5 locations to evaluate.
- Identify, analyse and evaluate methodically the location advantages of these key target markets using key frameworks
- Analyse the institutional environment of your key target markets to integrate into location analysis
- Apply key frameworks to analyse, evaluate and determine the optimal international strategy to guide your firm
- Apply key frameworks to analyse, evaluate and determine the optimal entry mode to enter and operate in your key target markets
LEARNING OUTCOMES THAT ALIGN TO THIS TASK:
- Contextualize the historical, political, legal, economic and socio-cultural aspects of global business environment in relation to business organizations and management practices;
- Critically examine the contemporary business environment in foreign markets, and their implications for international firms and managers;
- Identify and mitigate the environmental risks and ambiguities in entering foreign markets; and
- Evaluate and set up strategies for establishing successful business relationships with international partners, clients and suppliers.
You are developing an international business strategy for your chosen firm. This includes choosing key locations to expand to, the international strategy you will follow (global vs local), and an entry-mode to enter and operate in those countries (e.g. exporting, licensing, joint-venture or wholly-owned subsidiary etc.).
In Assessments 1 and 2, each team member individually each analysed a 5 countries and 1 supranational region respectively to identify trends in the form of opportunities and challenges for international expansion. Now it is time to consolidate your work with your team and shortlist FIVE countries to analyse their location attributes and develop a strategy for international expansion. You will present your report and slide deck which will cover the following:
- Executive Summary
- Firm profile (including international scope)
- Justification of FIVE shortlisted countries to evaluate
- Analysing Location Advantages (and disadvantages)
- International Strategy
- Recommendations & Conclusion
- Appendix including Slide Deck.
To get started on your assessment task, please follow the below instructions.
- Share and consolidate your findings from Assessments 1 and 2 and shortlist FIVE countries to analyse their location attributes. Justify your choices.
- Analyse, evaluate and compare methodically the location attributes of your chosen FIVE countries using key frameworks. Justify your choice of location (or combination of locations).
- Apply the relevant frameworks and concepts to analyse and integrate the institutional environment into your evaluation.
- Apply the relevant framework and concepts to analyse, identify and justify the optimal international strategy (or combination of strategies) to follow. Consider both the firm level and location attributes when justifying your choice.
- Apply the relevant frameworks and concepts to analyse, identify and justify the optimal entry-mode (or combination of entry-modes).
- Outline your key recommendations based on your analysis.
- Provide a conclusion and list of references.
- Include a persuasive Presentation Slide Deck for your report.