When new customers are brought on board at PlastiPharm, they meet not only with the sales team, which is responsible for explaining the features of the products the company sells,….
FastDrivers is a newly created Driving lessons service company that provides online booking for customers to book a lesson online in the state of NSW
FastDrivers has considered developing a simple website for an online booking System with the capability to enable Customers access from their mobile devices and to book a lesson.
At the time of their first booking, Customers should be able to enter their details with their address into an online form, along with their credit card details. However, Customers can also have an account with FastDrivers and for any subsequent bookings, they can log in to their own account and make a booking for a Lesson.
They need to be able to book a lesson on a preferred day and time. The system be then able to either confirm the booking or suggest some other time on the same day if the required booking is not available.
Assume you have been assigned to design and develop the system for FastDrivers. You are given three weeks to come up with a blueprint of the system design and present the design to a team of consultants.
The online booking System should be able to perform a number of activities such as adding or creating a new customer, checking for available driving Instructors in the area requested by the customer, Providing them other times on the same day available, receipt and processing all bookings transactions. You may add any other possible functions that you deem necessary for this system to function in this business case.
You are required to design a system that can perform the above activities and maintain a database containing data relevant to those activities. Carry out “process modelling” and “data modelling” to achieve this purpose.
Your tasks in this project include: –
· Provide a justification of why this system needs to be developed and ensure that you are professionally convincing to senior management.
· Provide a description of the business case and justification about the business benefits from implementing this system.
- Describe the project scope and provide a brief cost and schedule
- Identify the major functions in the system that will be required in order to meet the business
- Conduct the TCO of this system in Excel; add your full name and student ID in Excel in row Embed the TCO part from Excel into the Word document, which is your assignment file. Ask the teacher to show you how to embed this if you are not sure.
- Develop data flow diagram (DFD level 0 and Context Diagram with at least 2 different processes).
- Prepare entity relationship diagram, to model the data requirement relevant to this
- Create 3 screen interfaces a (main menu, an input screen and the monthly sales report) that will be used in the system designed by your
The marking will be based on the design; it is not necessary to implement the system.