When new customers are brought on board at PlastiPharm, they meet not only with the sales team, which is responsible for explaining the features of the products the company sells,….
Do you think that the false registration would disentitle the guest from a claim for personal injury caused by the negligence of the innkeeper?
1. Scenario: If a guest falsely registers, the guest may be considered a trespasser and thereby disentitled to the duty of care owed by an innkeeper to a guest.
Question: Do you think that the false registration would disentitle the guest from a claim for personal injury caused by the negligence of the innkeeper?
2. Why is it recommended that a management representative deal with a registered guest
who must seek accommodation elsewhere because the hotel is overbooked?
3. Scenario: Franklin arrived at the airport and handed his bags to the limousine driver of the Chamber Hotel. Upon arrival, he was informed that a room was not available but that a room was available at a motel across the street. Question: Can mutual intent be said to exist between Franklin and the Chamber Hotel?
4. Ivan, an employee of the federal government, was required to be bilingual. As part of a French immersion initiative, Ivan’s department head found him accommodation with the Bourbeau family, who live on a farm outside Sherbrooke, Quebec. Ivan stayed
with the family for two months, and was entertained and fed by them for the entire period.
Question: Did this constitute an innkeeper–guest relationship or a landlord–tenant relationship?
5. Scenario: After checking out of a hotel, Vera ate breakfast in the hotel’s dining room. She then drove downtown to attend a meeting. After a long day, she returned to the hotel to
fetch the bags she had left in her room. To her surprise, the room had been re-rented and was now occupied by a dentist who was attending a conference. The new occupant claimed to know nothing about her belongings. The bags were never found. Question: Did the hotel have a responsibility with respect to Vera’s luggage? If so, of what did the responsibility consist of?
6. Can a person known to have AIDS be refused accommodation? Why or why not?
7.Why should an innkeeper who finds it necessary to use force to evict or subdue a guest summon (call) the police?