Write an essay of at least 500 words discussing the reasons for the two new auditing roles in Oracle 12c. Why did Oracle consider them necessary? What problems do they solve?….
Describe the purpose of an online security service.
WEEK 5 Assignments
Part I – p 48 Introduction
- Shopping for Software. You are shopping for software that will assist you with your home’s interior design. The package for the program you would like to purchase states that it was designed for the most recent version of Windows, but an older version is installed on your computer. How can you determine whether the program will run on your computer?
Well, to make that program run, it sounds like all you need to do is uninstall the older version that is on your computer already and then install the newer version. As for how to determine which programs will run on your computer, you just need to see what operating system it was designed for and how much RAM it needs to run (and check to make sure your system has that much or more)
- Bad Directions. You are driving to your friend’s house and are using your smartphone for directions. While approaching your destination, you realize that your smartphone app instructed you to turn the wrong way on your friend’s street. How could this have happened?
How could this happened?
(routing the wrong way on the
highway or down a closed road).
– wrong applications
Why smartphone app instructed me to turn the wrong way?
– because we as a user we need to efficently choose the right application for the right directions.
– we need a basic understanding
how GPS works
– before we install the apps
we should to see the rating or
- Bank Account Postings. While reviewing your checking account balance online, you notice that debit card purchases have not posted to your account for the past several days. Because you use online banking to balance your account, you become concerned about your unknown account balance. What steps will you take to correct this situation?
You would finally create a check register. Contact online service to check a misuse of my account and update the docs
- Trial Expired. You have been using an app on your mobile device for a30-day trial period. Now that the 30 days have expired, the app is requesting that you to pay to continue accessing your data. What are your next steps? What steps could you have taken to preserve your data before the trial period expired?
- Problematic Camera. After charging your digital camera battery overnight, you insert the battery and turn on the camera only to find that it is reporting a low battery. Seconds later, the camera shuts off automatically. What might be wrong?
- Discarding Old Computer Equipment. Your company has given you a new laptop to replace your current, outdated desktop. Because of the negative environmental impact of discarding the old computer in the trash, your supervisor asked you to suggest options for its disposal. How will you respond?
- Dead Battery. While traveling for business, you realize that you forgot to bring the battery charger for your laptop. Knowing that you need to use the laptop to give a presentation tomorrow, what steps will you take tonight to make sure you have enough battery power?
- Cannot Share Photos. You are attempting to send photos of a house for sale in an email message to your real estate partner. Each time you attempt to send the email message, you receive an automatic response stating that the files are too large. What are your next steps?
- Incorrect Sign-In Credentials. Upon returning to the office from a well-deserved two-week vacation, you turn on your computer. When you enter your user name and password, an error message appears stating that your password is incorrect. What are your next steps?
- Synchronization Error. You added appointments to the calendar on your computer, but these appointments are not synchronizing with your smartphone. Your calendar has synchronized with your smartphone in the past, but it has stopped working without explanation. What are your next steps?
Part II – p 100 Connection and Communication Online
- Cyberbullying. Message While reviewing the email messages in your email account, you notice one that you interpret as cyberbullying. You do not recognize the sender of the email message, but still take it seriously. What are your next steps?
- Unsolicited Friend Requests. You recently signed up for an account on the Facebook online social network. When you log in periodically, you find that people you do not know are requesting to be your friend. How should you respond?
- Unexpected Search Engine. A class project requires that you conduct research on the web. After typing the web address for Google’s home page and pressing the enter key, your browser redirects you to a different search engine. What could be wrong?
- Images Do Not Appear. When you navigate to a webpage, you notice that no images are appearing. You successfully have viewed webpages with images in the past and are not sure why images suddenly are not appearing. What steps will you take to show the images?
- Social Media Password. Your social media password has been saved on your computer for quite some time and the browser has been signing you in automatically. After deleting your browsing history and saved information from your browser, the online social network began prompting you again for your password, which you have forgotten. What are your next steps?
- Suspicious Website Visits. The director of your company’s information technology department sent you an email message stating that you have been spending an excessive amount of time viewing websites not related to your job. You periodically visit websites not related to work, but only on breaks, which the company allows. How does he know your web browsing habits? How will you respond to this claim?
- Automatic Response. When you return from vacation, a colleague informs you that when she sent email messages to your email address, she would not always receive your automatic response stating that you were out of the office. Why might your email program not respond automatically to every email message received?
- Email Message Formatting. A friend sent an email message containing a photo to your email account at work. Upon receiving the email message, the photo does not appear. You also notice that email messages never show any formatting, such as different fonts, font sizes, and font colors. What might be causing this?
- Mobile Hot Spot Not Found. Your supervisor gave you a mobile hot spot to use while you are traveling to a conference in another state. When you attempt to connect to the hot spot with your computer, tablet, and phone, none of the devices is able to find any wireless networks. What might be the problem, and what are your next steps?
- Sporadic Email Message Delivery. The email program on your computer has been displaying new messages only every hour, on the hour. Historically, new email messages would arrive and be displayed immediately upon being sent by the sender. Furthermore, your coworkers claim that they sometimes do not receive your email messages until hours after you send them. What might be the problem?
Part III – p 150 Computer and Mobile Devices
- Slow Computer Performance. Your computer is running exceptionally slow. Not only does it take the operating system a long time to start, but programs also are not performing as well as they used to perform. How might you resolve this?
- Faulty ATM. When using an ATM to deposit a check, the ATM misreads the amount of the check and credits your account the incorrect amount. What can you do to resolve this?
- Wearable Device Not Synchronizing. Your wearable device synchronized with your smartphone this morning when you turned it on, but the two devices no longer are synchronized. What might be wrong, and what are your next steps?
- Battery Draining Quickly. Although the battery on your smartphone is fully charged, it drains quickly. In some instances when the phone shows that the battery has 30 remaining, it shuts down immediately. What might be wrong?
- Potential Virus Infection. While using your laptop, a message is displayed stating that your computer is infected with a virus and you should tap or click a link to download a program designed to remove the virus. How will you respond?
- Excessive Phone Heat. While using your smartphone, you notice that throughout the day it gets extremely hot, making it difficult to hold up to your ear. What steps can you take to correct this problem?
- Server Not Connecting. While traveling on a business trip, your phone suddenly stops synchronizing your email messages, calendar information, and contacts. Upon further investigation, you notice an error message stating that your phone is unable to connect to the server. What are your next steps?
- Mobile Device Synchronization. When you plug your smartphone into your computer to synchronize the data, the computer does not recognize that the smartphone is connected. What might be the problem?
- Cloud Service Provider. Your company uses a cloud service provider to back up the data on each employee’s computer. Your computer recently crashed, and you need to obtain the backup data to restore to your computer; however, you are unable to connect to the cloud service provider’s website. What are your next steps?
- Connecting to a Projector. Your boss asked you to give a presentation to your company’s board of directors. When you enter the boardroom and attempt to connect your laptop to the projector, you realize that the cable to connect your laptop to the projector does not fit in any of the ports on your laptop. What are your next steps?
Part IV – p 204 Programs and Apps
- Antivirus Program Not Updating. You are attempting to update your antivirus program with the latest virus definitions, but you receive an error message. What steps will you take to resolve this issue?
- Operating System Does Not. Load Each time you turn on your computer, the operating system attempts to load for approximately 30 seconds and then the computer restarts. You have tried multiple times to turn your computer off and on, but it keeps restarting when the operating system is trying to load. What are your next steps?
- Unwanted Programs. When you displayed a list of programs installed on your computer so that you could uninstall one, you noticed several installed programs that you do not remember installing. Why might these programs be on your computer?
- News Not Updating. Each morning, you run an app on your smartphone to view the news for the current day. For the past week, however, you notice that the news displayed in the app is out of date. In fact, the app now is displaying news that is nearly one week old. Why might the app not be updating? What are your next steps?
- Incompatible App. You are using your Android tablet to browse for apps in the Google Play store. You found an app you want to download, but you are unable to download it because a message states it is incompatible with your device. Why might the app be incompatible with your device?
- Videoconference Freezes. While conducting a videoconference with colleagues around the country, the audio sporadically cuts out and the video freezes. You have attempted several times to terminate and then reestablish the connection, but the same problem continues to occur. What might be the problem?
- License Agreement. You are planning to work from home for several days, but you are unsure of whether you are allowed to install a program you use at work on your home computer. What steps will you take to determine whether you are allowed to install the software on your home computer?
- Low on Space. The computer in your office is running low on free space. You have attempted to remove as many files as possible, but the remaining programs and files are necessary to perform your daily job functions. What steps might you take to free enough space on the computer?
- Unacceptable File Size. Your boss has asked you to design a new company logo using a graphics application installed on your computer. When you save the logo and send it to your boss, she responds that the file size is too large and tells you to find a way to decrease the file size. What might you do to make the image file size smaller?
- Disc Burning Not Working. While attempting to back up some files on your computer on an optical disc, the disc burning software on your computer reports a problem and ejects the disc. When you check the contents of the disc, the files you are trying to back up are not there. What might be wrong?
Part V – p 254 Digital Security, Ethics and Privacy
- Define the terms, digital security risk, computer crime, cybercrime, and crime ware.
- Differentiate among hackers, crackers, script kiddies, cyber extortionists, and cyberterrorists. Identify issues with punishing cybercriminals.
- List common types of malware. A(n) ___ is the destructive event or prank malware delivers.
- Identify risks and safety measures when gaming.
- Define these terms: botnet, zombie, and bot.
- Describe the damages caused by and possible motivations behind DoS and DDoS attacks.
- A(n) ___ allows users to bypass security controls when accessing a program, computer, or network.
- Define the term, spoofing. How can you tell if an email is spoofed?
- List ways to protect against Internet and network attacks.
- Describe the purpose of an online security service.