Report. The task for the second assignment includes a strategic analysis of a given company. Specifically, students are required to identify factors influencing the company strategy and evaluate the main….
case study on a nutrition problem in a specified population and includes analysis and discussion of the scale, consequence and cause of the nutrition problem and an analysis
This assessment is a case study on a nutrition problem in a specified population and includes analysis and discussion of the scale, consequence and cause of the nutrition problem and an analysis of a successful program that aims to address the nutrition problem.
Chose a population that you are interested in. This could be a country or a region in a country or a specific population (e.g. pregnant mothers, school-aged children) in a country or region. The population must be large enough that there is health and nutrition data available for the specific population and that there is a program that has been evaluated and has been shown to successfully address the nutrition problem.
For your population;
- Outline the nutrition situation and identify the major nutrition issues in the population indicating which groups are most vulnerable and why.
- What are the consequences of the nutrition problem. Consider health, social and economic consequences.
- Discuss and identify the causes of malnutrition (over or under) and state the level at which they act. Use the UNICEF Framework for Under-nutrition to map the cause of malnutrition.
- Consider how the various factors impacting on the nutrition situation are connected and how they are influenced by one another.
- Considering evidence-based interventions what are the priorities for action to address the identified nutrition problem?
- Identify and discuss a successful nutrition program in your population.
- Considering the UNIVEF framework at what level does this program intervene?
- What are the key components that make this program successful and why?
- How does your program link with other programs in your population that aim to address the identified nutrition problem?
- What recommendations would you make to improve the program?
- Include health and nutrition data to support your case study.
- Your chosen program does not have to address the whole problem but can be a component of a broader mutli-sectoral approach
- Chose a program that has been evaluated so you can demonstrate impact of the program on the nutrition situation.