OpenTable was the first mover in the world of booking orders for restaurants around the globehttps://www.vox.com/2018/10/19/17698428/resy-restaurant-reservations-startup-opentable. After obtaining notoriety, they issued a massive IPOhttps://www.reuters.com/article/us-opentable-idUSTRE5464CJ20090507 andhttps://press.opentable.com/news-releases/news-release-details/opentable-inc-prices-initial-public-offering/ resulting in a stock price….
After years of predictions that mobile payments would replace cash and credit cards, there are finally signs that it might be happening, with Apple Pay leading the way.
After years of predictions that mobile payments would replace cash and credit cards, there are finally signs that it might be happening, with Apple Pay leading the way. Although Apple Pay is quickly gobbling up market share, Apple is far from being the first to market. This case highlights how Apple jumped into the market and vaulted right over the competition.
- What type of brand development is Apple Pay for Apple? Discuss in the context of the Brand Development Strategies framework.
- As completely as possible, sketch the value delivery network for Apple Pay.
- With respect to Apple Pay, is Apple a producer, a consumer, or an intermediary? Explain.
- Is Apple Pay causing disintermediation? Explain why or why not?
- Identify all the reasons why Apple’s partnerships are essential to the success of Apple Pay.
- With respect to marketing channels, what are some threats to Apple Pay’s future?
- Discuss the acceptance of Apple Pay in the context of the Adoption Curve.