Human Resources contacted you to make a formal offer of employment as a consultant to assist the health system with their difficulties. You eagerly accept the position and begin the process of addressing the issues that have been presented below via an in-depth discussion with the CEO of the organization. The below information has also been summarized for your review:
Vincent Valley Hospital (VVH) and Health System has a serious problem. A major strategic objective of the health system is to grow its ambulatory care network, but the organization is facing a number of challenges. Although it installed a new billing system and executed various reimbursement maximization strategies, total costs in the system exceed revenue. This overspending exists even though the clinic staff is busy and backlog appointments are increasing. However, analysis of clinic data indicates that an increasing number of patients are canceling or not showing up for their appointments.
In addition, a merger of three separate groups created a new group of multi-specialty and primary care physicians. This clinic is aggressively competing with VVH for privately insured patients. It offers same-day clinic appointments and is advertising them heavily.
The board of VVH asked the CEO to develop a plan to address these growing concerns. You have been charged with directly working with and reporting to the CEO to help guide the organization to a more positive operating and financial position.
As the newly hired consultant, the CEO has requested you present a formal written document addressing the below topics:
- Frame the original issue for VVH.
- Provide a summary of a project charter for one of the projects associated with VVH’s problems.
- What are your recommendations for addressing the no-show/cancellation issues? Be specific as possible is your description. Be sure to reference the course materials, in addition to external sources.
- If VVH decided that it should focus on increasing throughput in the system, how would you recommend doing so? Be specific as possible is your description. Be sure to reference the course materials, in addition to external sources.
- 8-10 pages (approx. 300 words per page), not including title page or references page
- 1-inch margins
- Double spaced
- 12-point Times New Roman font
- Title page
- Running header: SHORT TITLE IN CAPS with page number 1
- Name of paper: – Only the first letter capitalized
- Student’s name
- Date submitted
- Course number and name
- These must be spaced on the page according to APA standards