Evaluate the Health History and Medical Information for Mrs. J. Based on this information, formulate a conclusion based on your evaluation, and complete the Critical Thinking Essay assignment by answering the questions below.
Critical Thinking Essay
In 500 words, critically evaluate Mrs. J.’s situation. Include the following:
- Describe the subjective and objective clinical manifestations present in Mrs. J.
- Describe four cardiovascular conditions in which Mrs. J is at risk, and that may lead to heart failure. What can be done in the form of medical/nursing interventions to prevent the development of heart failure in each of the presented conditions?
- By following the nursing process, were the interventions at the time of admissions beneficial for Mrs. J? Would you change any of the interventions to ensure patient independence and prevent readmission?
- Explain each of the seven medications listed in the scenario above. Include the classification, the action, and the rationale for each of these. Discuss four nursing interventions that can help prevent problems caused by multiple drug interactions in older patients. Provide a rationale for each of the interventions you recommend.
- Provide a health promotion and restoration teaching plan for Mrs. J., including multidisciplinary resources for rehabilitation and any modifications that may be needed, including maintenance of medications. Explain how the rehabilitation resources and modifications will assist the patients’ transition to independence and prevent readmission.
- Considering Mrs. J.’s current and long-term tobacco use, discuss what options for smoking cessation should be offered. Outline COPD triggers that can increase exacerbation frequency, resulting in return visits.