1What evidence is there that democracy and liberal values in Europe, the United States, and Turkey are threatened? In what ways might these fears be overblown?
2. In what ways are defensive (benign) and offensive (malevolent) mercantilism different? Why is it sometimes difficult to tell the difference between them?
3. Lenin argued that capitalism was able to delay its crisis through international expansion. Explain what Lenin meant by imperialism. Outline examples of imperialism in the global political economy today.
4. From Constructivism: Explain how economic ideas and beliefs have shaped the policies of governments and international organizations.
5. Explain the different perspectives of liberals, mercantilists and structuralists on TNCs.
6. Many people in Europe, the United States, and elsewhere are disenchanted with the effects of the international….