Give a flannel board presentation. 1. Set up area with board. 2. Check pieces. 3. Practice. 4. Place pieces in order of appearance. 5. Gather children. 6. Place pieces out….
What is the equivalent number of circuits?
1. A new suburb in outer Melbourne is under development but unfortunately notcovered byanywirelessservice.Thefollowingdiagramshowsanumber ofcandidatesitesthatcould suitabase station.SitesB,CandDarelocated withinthedevelopment.SiteAisonahill overlookingthedevelopmentsite. Chooseanoptionanddiscuss themeritsofyourchoice andthefactors that you took into account. Please use dot points.
2. Thereisalargeevent comingupandyouneedtodimensionbasestation needstosupportmobile users.Youaregiventhefollowinginformation:
|· 100,000 people willattend
· Theserviceprovideryouwork forhasa 50%marketshare
· Speech usage is 10mE peruser
· GOS for speech is5%
· Data traffic peruser is 250kB/hr
· Average call data capacity A is5Mbps
· Soft handover equates to20%
· Total BS power is 38dBm
· Speech call requires 150mW in thedownlink
1. What is your company’stotal clientele/subscribers/users
2. Whatistheoffered traffic?Useanswer 1andspeechusagegiven
3. Whatisthetotal CCHoverhead?
5. (a)What istheequivalentnumberofcircuits?
(b) UsingtheErlangBtable(Table3) determinethecapacity.
(c) Iftheofferedtraffic persectoris180Ehowmanycarriers areneeded usingthe value at question (b)?
(d) Ifthemaximumpoweris45.4dBmor34.7Wattsandthecontrolpower is 38dBmor6.3Watts, ifyouareoperatingat90%power capacity,what isthepower(Watts) availabletosupport traffic?