You can view the article (the case), “The Man Who Got Honeywell’s Groove Backt”, by linking to the course EReserves Follow the Case Analysis Outline given in your syllabus. This is….
What does your five forces analysis reveal about the nature and strength of the various competitive pressures eBay faces?
Examining Business Strategy and the Five Forces Model: The Challenges Facing eBay; Time for Changes in Strategy? This week we look at strategic thinking in the business environment.
What you need to do:
1. First, research and create a Porter’s Five Forces Model of eBay in Word, Excel, or PowerPoint format. Use external sources to assist in populating your model.
Next, report and analyze your findings, touching on the following questions:
1. What does your five forces analysis reveal about the nature and strength of the various competitive pressures eBay faces? Are the competitive pressures facing eBay and other online auction companies conducive to earning good profits? Why or why not?
2. Based on your analysis of the industry and eBay’s situation, what problems and issues does eBay’s top management need to address? Which ones are top priorities?
3. What do you see as the key success factors for organizations in the online auction industry?
Here are the paper requirements:
- Review and follow the grading rubric
- Develop a clear introduction, body and conclusion. Use paragraph format and transitions. Focus on quality of writing and content. Your paper should be three paragraphs minimum. Generally, a strong paper will be a minimum of 2 pages.
- Use APA format with a title page, in-text citations and references. No abstract required.
- Research and cite at least 2 credible sources in APA format.
- Upload your assignment to the SafeAssign link by Sunday at 11:59 pm (EST)
Assignment Organization and Clarifications:
There are four parts to this assignment. Please organize your paper accordingly. I recommend using Headings in APA formatting – Porter’s Five Forces Model (unless submitting a PowerPoint), Five Forces Analysis, Problems and Issues, Key Success Factors
1. Create a Porter’s Five Forces Model. Include each force and rate the force for eBay
2. Analyze each force
3. Identify and discuss problems and issues
4. Identify and discuss the key success factors