1. What are basic concepts of the feminist legal theories? 2. The trial attorney’s job is to present enough historical evidence to persuade a jury to accept a hypothesis—either there’s….
What are some treatment techniques you might use to explore her spiritual views?
Your female, adolescent client is a trauma survivor (sexual abuse) who has “no time for this God stuff: She refuses to talk with you or anyone about her spiritual beliefs beyond that statement. All you know is that she becomes very agitated and angry whenever the topic arises in counseling sessions.
1. What would be your concerns about exploring her spirituality with her in counseling as it relates to her addiction? (Consider influencing factors such as your gender and age as well as bringing up a topic that elicits such a sense of mistrust)
2. How would the history of her trauma influence your approach to her?
3. How would you begin an assessment of her spiritual beliefs?
4. What are some treatment techniques you might use to explore her spiritual views?
5. How would you balance exploration of her spirituality with developing and maintaining a trusting relationship with her?