NUR252 Assessment 3 Assessment Items Assessment Item Numeric Identifier 3 Assessment Item Description Digital Presentation Assessment Item Percentage 40% Word Count 20 minutes Submission Via Learnline Due Date 5 th June 2022 at 23:59pm ACST Relevance An understanding of different digital technology is important in nursing. The ability to compare and critically discuss technology highlighting the strengths and weaknesses of both allows the nurse and healthcare consumer to make informed choices. Person-centred care should guide the nurse in their engagement with healthcare related technology to ensure that the patient / person is not lost. The opportunity to communicate through presentation allows students to expand their skills in communication and build skills that can be used in their career. Learning Outcome 3 Evaluate and compare different informatic tools currently used in order to improve health outcomes. Learning Outcome 4 Demonstrate an introductory understanding of the opportunities and challenges digital technology creates for health professionals, and patients and consumers across the lifespan in diverse population groups. Task Instructions Students are to provide a digital presentation that compares three digital technologies used in healthcare to improve health outcomes.
The presentation should include:
1. Benefits and Challenges of three digital technologies
2. The use of technology by health professionals, patients, and consumers across the lifespan
3. Reference to literature to support The digital presentation can be a video, or a power point presentation that the student narrates. It is important that the student speaks to their work and discussion. Students should draw on literature to support their work and utilise current government and health agency documents to support their presentation. The video should not exceed 20 minutes and students are to ensure that their audio is clear and that the video works. Failure to do so may result in no marks being awarded. Marking Instructions Please access the marking rubric to ensure that you are maximising your marks in your submission.
NUR252 Assessment 3 Overview Assessment 3: Due Date- Week 12, 5th of June at 23:59 Submission – via online Word Count- 20 min presentation.
1. A presentation is to be undertaken for Assessment 3. This can be a video recording of you presenting the power point, or a voice recording attached to the power point, a video of a role play, or simply an audio file. 2. No transcript is required to be attached.
3. If you provide a PowerPoint, please only put the important points on your power point and then discuss these in your presentation.
4. This assessment is not marking your PowerPoint, but in fact your verbal discussion only.
5. Please upload two files: 1 file for your presentation and 1 file for your reference list. What do I discuss?
1. 3 separate Digital Technologies need to be identified.
2. Discuss the technology used by health professionals, patients, and consumers -this must relate to the 3 chosen technologies. What type of technology is it? Why is it used and how is it used?
3. Benefits and Challenges for each technology MUST be discussed.
4. Consider and discuss the Digital Technologies from an Age perspectiveIe Child, Adolescent, Older person. What age group do these technologies best suit and why?
5. There is no word count for this presentation, however there is a minute count. 20 Minute presentation only.
6. Literature must be up to date (within 10 years) and appropriate to the digital technologies you have chosen
. 7. Pictures, diagrams, graphs MUST be referenced in your reference list. NUR252 Assessment 3
8. Full reference list needs to be included at the end of the power point. APA reference list is compulsory.
9. Good quality evidence is required in this assessment- Peer reviewed Literature, Government websites can be used. 10. Presentation should be 20 minutes long. NO longer than 20 minutes.
Creativity is the key in this assessment, be creative. Please note: If you present a power point, no specific Fonts or sizes are required, however please do NOT use light or white colored writing. Make sure the writing can be seen clearly if you are recording yourself presenting the power point.