Using an Internet web browser, search for AICPA’s Statement on Standards for Attestation Engagements (SSAE) No. 18, and perform the following: a. Explain the relevance of SSAE 18 and what….
Provide an overview of the company’s operations including the identification of key business risks.
MP221 AUDITING AND ASSURANCE
SEMESTER 2, 2020 MAJOR ASSIGNMENT
This assignment requires you to undertake audit procedures used mainly during the planning phase of the audit process. Each individual will be assigned a company by the lecturer to use as part of the assignment. You will need to access
the latest company report available -the 2019 report
1. Provide an overview of the company’s operations including the identification of key business risks. Justify your selection of the key business risks.
2. Apply analytical procedures to the Balance Sheet in the latest available financial statements and identify the two key account balances at risk of material misstatement. Justify your reason for selection of these accounts.
3. Identify the two key assertions at risk for each of the two key account balances selected. Justify your selection of these assertions.
4. Outline the procedures you would use to gather sufficient and appropriate audit evidence regarding the assertions identified in point
3. Justify your selection of the audit procedures.
Your report should be structured as follows:
Table of Contents
Word Limit: 3,000 words