Answer the following questions by Wednesday at midnight and respond to two of your peers in 150 words each by Sunday at midnight 1. How do you explain the play’s title? In what ways….
Provide a cover page for each entry when you submit your assignment on google classroom. An example of your cover page will look like this
Being an informed citizen is the first step toward your development as a purposeful and active citizen. This assignment will allow you to explore a current event news topic of your choice and analyze why it is an important civics issue. You will complete and submit 3 separate entries (1 per week – choose a different civics issue each week). Check google classroom for specific due dates.
- Read or watch the news andselect one headline news story for the week that is of interest to you (you will be required to submit 3 separate entries). The event may be local (Mississauga), provincial (Ontario), national (Canada) or global.
- Provide a link to you story/citation – you could even provide a picture as well
- Provide a shortwritten summary of your news story
- Answer thequestions below in a detailed manner regarding your news story.
- Please write in full sentences using formal language.
- Why is this story important?
- Who are the people and/or organizations involved in this issue?
- What views do they have on it?
- How does this event affect others?
- Why should other people care about this issue?
- Do you think there might be other perspectives on this issue that are not commonly heard?
- Why is it important to seek out other perspectives on this story/headline?
- Which level or levels of government would be responsible for addressing this issue?
- Does this author back up his or her position with specific evidence or data, or are the claims unsupported?
- What criteria might you use to help you determine if a source is credible?
- Are there reasons to think that this source might be biased in some way?
- What civic topics are presented in this interview or news story?
Provide a cover page for each entry when you submit your assignment on google classroom. An example of your cover page will look like this: