“Operations Strategy” Please respond to the following: •Choose two service companies that you are familiar with such as Facebook, eBay, and UPS, and apply them to Hill’s Strategy Development Framework…..
outline clearly the business problem and key opportunity for your enterprise, as well as key customer and stakeholder segments
This task is specifically designed to outline clearly the business problem and key opportunity for your enterprise, as well as key customer and stakeholder segments.
The presentation at the end of this task is designed as a professional-standard presentation around your identified opportunities and potential enterprise concept alternatives.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Apply information and data from real market situations to identify venture
2. Apply creative thinking skills to develop potential response opportunities to
identified scenarios, taking into account key customer markets and
3. Apply business theories to develop a draft business model for a venture.
• UC graduates are professional – employ up-to-date and relevant
knowledge and skills (1.);
• UC graduates are professional – take pride in their professional and
personal integrity (1.);
• UC graduates are professional – use creativity, critical thinking, analysis and
research skills to solve theoretical and real-world problems (1.);
• UC graduates are global citizens – display initiative and drive, and use their
organisation skills to plan and manage their workload (1.);
• UC graduates are global citizens – understand issues in their profession from the
perspective of other cultures (2.);
• UC graduates are global citizens – behave ethically and sustainably in their
professional and personal lives (2.);
• UC graduates are global citizens – make creative use of technology in their
learning and professional lives (2.);
This task is Part 3 of your enterprise concept journey. This opportunity identification requires you to synthesise
the learning from your research portfolio into a clear outline of a business problem.
Within the task you need:
1. Introduction of key commercial opportunities. This can be drawn from core challenges and opportunities
you outlined from your previous Part 2 research portfolio. Think closely about uncovered niche opportunities
or gaps in the market and summarise these for a succinct introduction.
2. Outline of TWO exclusive options . Here you need to consider different products, markets and
opportunities and outline the possible market size and commercial opportunity for these two competing ideas.
They must be exclusive (ie: unrelated to one another, but capitalising on uncovered insights from your
research task). Be sure you explain both ideas in a good level of depth.
3. Evaluation and Selection. In this section you must critically evaluate your two concepts, using a evaluation
table. From here, you must identify the ONE opportunity which you think is the most viable option. This will
become your primary business concept moving forward. You must provide full rationale behind this decision.