Assessment 3 Instructions: Interdisciplinary Plan Proposal For this assessment you will create a 2-4 page plan proposal for an interprofessional team to collaborate and work toward driving improvements in the….
Mary Jones, age 47, is presenting to the family practice office as a new patient due to a change in her insurance coverage
Mary Jones Fictitious Family History
Mary Jones, age 47, is presenting to the family practice office as a new patient due to a change in her insurance coverage. Her history is as follows; in the past she has had 2 normal screening mammograms (last one performed 14 months ago) and all past pap smears have been negative (the last one performed 13 months ago). She has had two full term pregnancies and one documented miscarriage. She is currently an administrator in a community hospital. She exercises regularly and has no chronic health conditions. She has been married for 13 years.
For this assignment you will need to construct Mary Jones’s family pedigree. In order to do this, you will first need to take a family history. Please provide a list of detailed questions you would ask Mary to construct her family pedigree. Once you have completed your questions you will then use the information below to construct the pedigree.
The following bulleted text contains information about Mary’s family members (you can choose / make up the ancestral backgrounds of the different family branches)
- Mary’s 1st child: Cathy Baker, age 31, healthy, has a son and daughter ages 10 and 4. Cathy lives out of state, infrequently communicates with her mother, was adopted and raised by her paternal grandparents. There is no information about Cathy’s biological father’s health other than he is alive as are his parents. Nothing else is known about his family history.
- Mary’s Twin son and daughter, age 8, o Son, Derrick – (twin A) has Down syndrome, is healthy (used to have problems with ear infections but this has resolved), no structural heart anomalies, wears glasses, is mainstreamed in 2nd grade classes with full time teacher aide, receives speech services in school o Daughter, Tammie – (twin B) healthy, in 2nd grade, good student
- Miscarriage was two years prior to delivery of the twins. The miscarriage occurred during the 1st trimester. Gender is unknown. No testing was performed on fetal tissue.
- Husband, David Jones, is 50 years old and healthy. He does not have children from previous relationships.
- Mary has no brothers or sisters.
- Her mother, Martha Stewart, is 70 years old, has insulin dependent diabetes, started taking insulin in early 50s, is obese, and on medications for high blood pressure o Her mother had 5 siblings – 2 are still living: § Sister, Hannah, died at age 8 years from pneumonia § Sister, Susan, died in her mid 70s from complications of diabetes. She had 1 son who is in his 50’s, apparently healthy and he has 4 adult children – health status and number of offspring unknown § Brother, Bill Junior, died at age 3 from pneumonia § Living sister; Debbie, is in her late 60s, is also obese and takes insulin injections. She has 4 children: 3 boys and 1 girl – health status and number of children unknown § Living brother; Mike, is in his early 60’s, is on dialysis, is an alcoholic, has two sons – health status and number of children unknown § (birth order: Hannah, Susan, Martha, Bill, Debbie, Mike)
- Her father, Bill Stewart, died last year at age 69, COD – liver failure, was also said to have an enlarged heart, rarely drank alcohol, was slender in build, was on medication for arthritis in the hips and knees. O Bill’s only brother, David, is 67 years old, and has arthritis. He has one son who is healthy and he has 2 sons.
- Mary’s Maternal grandmother, died in her 60’s due to female cancer
- Mary’s Maternal grandfather, died in his 60’s, cirrhosis of the liver, was an alcoholic
- Mary’s Paternal grandmother died in her 80’s, heart failure
- Mary’s Paternal grandfather, died in his late 50’s, lung cancer, heavy smoker