AIDS Medication in South Africa “South Africa and the drug companies have changed forever,” say David Pilling and Nicol degli Innocenti.1 South Africa is to the drug pharmaceutical industry what….
Jade is an overweight 45 year old woman who lives with her son in Miller, a suburb in South West Sydney.
Jade has been smoking about 10 cigarettes and drinking 2-4 alcoholic drinks per day since her early 20’s. Three months ago she noticed a lump in her right breast, and more recently the lump is getting bigger and changing the shape and size of her right breast. Jade is concerned as her mother died of breast cancer 15 years ago. Jade visits her GP, who refers her to get a biopsy done which confirms that Jade is in the early stages of breast cancer.
Each case study report should include:
- A description of the health issue relating to the case study, including prevalence and its impact on quality of life (using epidemiological data)
- An analysis of the social and environmental determinants shaping the health issue
- A description of the services available to those affected by the health issue and the place of these services within the Australian health care system
- A critique of services tasked with addressing the health issue and are they preventative or reactive? Relate these services back to your specific case study.
- A recommendation and conclusion for the health issue and the specific case study.