Find an ASX listed Australian company of your choice. Listed Australian companies can be found on the website www.asx.com.au. You are required to download your chosen company’s latest annual report…..
Is religion important to people – what percentage of the people are believers?
Step 1: Gather data online about the country in the following areas –
Step 2: Score the countries based on the three factors. Give points (3, 2, or 1) for each factor. “3” is high; “1” is low.
- How far from the equator? (the further the better)
- Are there insects that attack agriculture in a big way (tsetse fly, locusts, …)?
- How good is the access to water transportation?
- On the coast? … or land-locked?
- How many navigable rivers?
- Are there lots of natural minerals (including oil)?
- Do winter temperatures go below 61 Fahrenheit?
- How many inches of rainfall per year (more is better)?
- Is the rainfall spread across all seasons (more spread is better)?
- Is religion important to people – what percentage of the people are believers?
- Is the primary religion in the country fatalistic or progressive (focused on betterment)?
- What percentage of women are educated?
- Is society dominated by tribes, clans, or racial divides?
- Is there a general openness to new technology?
- Other factors?
- How many major universities per capita (for every citizen)?
- How many banks or finance institutions per capita
- The percent of the population with access to electricity
- The percent of the population with access to basic phone services
- The percent of the population with access to internet
- Level of corruption according to Transparency International