This assignment focuses on using the EBP process and applying an EBP model or framework to improve your writing skills. Writing that is characterized by strong organization, appropriate use of….
In clinical practice, the development of a holistic understanding, and treatment aims must be undertaken before a treatment plan can be devised.
In clinical practice, the development of a holistic understanding, and treatment aims must be undertaken before a treatment plan can be devised. In this group-based assessment, you are required to develop a holistic understanding (including a mind map), as well as short term treatment aims, using the case study provided.
Part A of this assignment will form the foundation of Part B.
Step 1: Form a group
• Groups (3 – 4 members) will be allocated by the Learning Facilitator by the end of Module 1.2 (week 2)
• Online group meeting rooms will be available with a group working Wiki for students to share their interests and to discuss the topic allocated and the how to collaborate.
• It is essential for all members of the group to collaborate and actively participate in the completion of this assignment.
Familiarise yourself with the case
• Each member of the group must read through the case study to familiarise themselves with the case.
• It is recommended that you take notes about any information that you feel is important in relation to the case, so that you solidify your understanding of the case and relay this information back to your group.
Step 3: Decide on group roles
• 1 – 2 group members lead the mind map creation (Appendix 1)
• 1 – 2 members lead completion of the Treatment aims & holistic summary template for submission (750 words).
• While each member of your group will contribute to leading an aspect of the final group assessment, all members are active researchers and contributors.
Step 4: Appendix 1 – Mind Map Task: 1 – 2 members of the group will be allocated as lead for the group mind map task. It is expected that all members contribute to researching and collaborating for this stage of the assessment task. The mind map will be attached as Appendix 1. Creating a mind map will greatly assist in simplifying your understanding the various components of the case. A mind map should firstly identify the main body systems that are implicated in the case. The relevant aetiology, signs, symptoms and risk factors can then be assigned to each relevant body system. Finally, links establishing the key interrelationships between each specific body system can be made (which must include a relevant rationale / biological mechanism(s).
Step 5: Final Treatment Aims & Holistic Understanding Template task 1-2 group members will take the lead role of inputting final data for grading into the provided Treatment Aim Template found in Assessment 1 information area. The group must decide on and develop 3 short-term treatment aims for the case, using the treatment aim template. The treatment aims must be prioritised in order of most importance to least importance, and justified with a brief discussion (approx. 250 words).
The group must also develop a holistic understanding for the case study (Approx 500 words). A holistic understanding is a brief summary of the case, which accurately identifies the presenting complaint(s), the aetiological / underlying contributing factors and a differential diagnosis. The interrelationship between the key presenting complaints and body systems (including rationale / biological mechanisms) should also be included (approx. 500 words).
Step 6: Peer Evaluation Each student must complete a confidential peer evaluation on the other group members – Please see document on Group Work Guidelines found in Assessment 1 part a link via main navigation menu. This will contribute to the criterion row ‘Group Work’ in the group rubric below.