You work for a company that develops and markets crew planning and optimization software and provides training and consulting in this area for the airline industry. Currently, the firm is….
In a crisis situation like the COVID-19 pandemic, what implications does this have for HR managers in the home country in applying a strategic view of IHRM with regards to their subsidiaries in the host countries?
Reflection – Assignment Two Assessment 2 – Reflection Assignment
- Weightage: 30%
- Nature of assignment: Essay-type
- Word limit: 1000 – 1200 words
- Format: Arial Font, Size 11; double spacing
- Referencing: APA style; use at least 6 reliable sources
- How to submit: via LearnJCU Assessment 2 Dropbox
- Marking rubrics will be used to assess this assignment
- In addressing this topic, you have to make reference to conceptual theory/framework taught in Lectures 1 & 3 and where appropriate make reference to other topics in this subject.
- As research is involved in this assignment, you are expected to use at least 6 reliable references (journal articles, media articles, etc. which can be sourced from the JCU online library).
- The references must be in APA style.
Reflection Assignment Topic:
- In a crisis situation like the COVID-19 pandemic, what implications does this have for HR managers in the home country in applying a strategic view of IHRM with regards to their subsidiaries in the host countries?
- For example, how has the HR function been substantially influenced by the changing external environment?
- How would HQ manage their staffing issues and concerns in their subsidiaries overseas (recommendations)?
- Where relevant, use an example of an MNC to illustrate your discussion.
Relevant Slides from Lecture 1 Strategic View of IHRM
- Assumes that MNEs operate in the context of worldwide conditions, including influences of industry (global or multi- domestic) & regional, national & local markets that include geopolitical, legal, socio-cultural & economic characteristics (PESTLE) – macro environment
- These external factors have a direct influence on both internal/org factors & strategic HRM strategy & practices & have a direct influence on MNE performance
Relevant Slides from Lecture 1: Strategic View of IHRM
jcu.edu.a Relevant Slides from Lecture 3: Strategic View of IHRM