ETHICS CASE Questionable Values Produce Resignation at Goldman Sachs Allegations of serious impropriety and perhaps illegality surrounding Goldman Sachs’s contribution to the 2008 financial crisis have been well publicized. Allegations….
In a crisis situation like the COVID-19 pandemic, what implications does this have for HR managers in the home country in applying a strategic view of IHRM with regards to their subsidiaries in the host countries?
Reflection – Assignment Two Assessment 2 – Reflection Assignment
- Weightage: 30%
- Nature of assignment: Essay-type
- Word limit: 1000 – 1200 words
- Format: Arial Font, Size 11; double spacing
- Referencing: APA style; use at least 6 reliable sources
- How to submit: via LearnJCU Assessment 2 Dropbox
- Marking rubrics will be used to assess this assignment
- In addressing this topic, you have to make reference to conceptual theory/framework taught in Lectures 1 & 3 and where appropriate make reference to other topics in this subject.
- As research is involved in this assignment, you are expected to use at least 6 reliable references (journal articles, media articles, etc. which can be sourced from the JCU online library).
- The references must be in APA style.
Reflection Assignment Topic:
- In a crisis situation like the COVID-19 pandemic, what implications does this have for HR managers in the home country in applying a strategic view of IHRM with regards to their subsidiaries in the host countries?
- For example, how has the HR function been substantially influenced by the changing external environment?
- How would HQ manage their staffing issues and concerns in their subsidiaries overseas (recommendations)?
- Where relevant, use an example of an MNC to illustrate your discussion.
Relevant Slides from Lecture 1 Strategic View of IHRM
- Assumes that MNEs operate in the context of worldwide conditions, including influences of industry (global or multi- domestic) & regional, national & local markets that include geopolitical, legal, socio-cultural & economic characteristics (PESTLE) – macro environment
- These external factors have a direct influence on both internal/org factors & strategic HRM strategy & practices & have a direct influence on MNE performance
Relevant Slides from Lecture 1: Strategic View of IHRM