Scholar-Practitioner Project Assignment: The Focus Group Protocol As a public health professional, it is likely that you will conduct focus groups as part of community health assessments. Focus groups are….
Identify a prevalent health care issue plaguing our healthcare system today (effecting a hospital, physician or community at large.
- Identify a prevalent health care issue plaguing our healthcare system today (effecting a hospital, physician or community at large.
Examples: Primary care physician shortages, Hospital errors, Hospital infection rates, Booming technology, caregiver shortages for the aging population, consolidation of hospitals/healthcare payers, Medicaid expansion, Covid Pandemic, access to care…etc.). Topics are due for approval by the end of Week 1.
- Student will then write a 5-7 page essay and create a PowerPoint or Prezi (or other graphic/infographic tool) presentation that will be submitted and presented in Week 8. The paper and presentation will include the following headers:
- Introduction to the healthcare topic and why it is an issue
- Background/Evidence as to when this started, why it started, how long it has been an issue and if applicable what are industry standards for addressing the concern.
- Data to substantiate the healthcare issue/concern
- Budgetary implication and financial reporting necessary for this healthcare issue
- Any ethical issues or concerns that should be investigated and/or addressed
- Any legal issues or concerns that should be investigated or addressed
- How this issue may affect the healthcare team and diverse client population.
- What the future holds as it relates to the healthcare issue – what are the critical variables relevant to this issue and how do you apply strategic planning for the future.
- Conclusion: As a leader, how do you demonstrate professional behaviors in light of issuesto promote success and forward movement in the healthcare workplace?
The presentation will be a high level overview of the issue at hand. For examples, you may want to consider how you would present this information to a Board of Directors or a Group of Physicians. Review the project rubric for grading specifications. APA format and cited references required.