Using an Internet web browser, search for AICPA’s Statement on Standards for Attestation Engagements (SSAE) No. 18, and perform the following: a. Explain the relevance of SSAE 18 and what….
Identify 2 specific Australian companies that your chosen costing system is suitable for, and explain why.
Choose ONE of the costing systems studied in this unit from the list below, and answer the
questions that follow:
• Job Costing
• Process Costing
• Operation Costing (Hybrid Costing)
• Activity-based Costing (ABC)
1. Briefly discuss the features of your chosen costing system. (3 marks)
2. Identify 2 specific Australian companies that your chosen costing system is suitable for, and explain why.
3. Discuss two potential uses of the cost information for decision-making, to the managers in each of the 2
organisations selected in Q2 above. (3 marks)
Choose one peer reviewed journal article (from any country) on the: Use of your chosen costing system in a
real-life organisation (i.e. a case-based empirical study). The article should be published between 2005 –
2020. Choose your article only after you have accessed and reviewed several relevant articles, and then
choose the best article that will answer the questions below.
1. Based on your chosen costing article, briefly summarise how the costing system was designed and
implemented in your real-life organisation. (3 marks)
2. Based on your chosen costing article, did the costing system in the study satisfy the features discussed in
Part A (Q1)? Why or why not? Include examples in your answer from your costing article. (5 marks)
3. Based on your chosen costing article, how useful was the cost information to the internal users in the
organisation? Discuss with examples from your costing article. (5 marks)
4. Based on your literature findings, state two key lessons that would inform contemporary organisations
about the practical use of your chosen costing system. (5 marks)