Male house cats are either black or orange; females are black, orange, or calico. If these coat-color phenotypes are governed by a sex-linked gene, how can these observations be explained?….
Explain the function of each of the organs involved in excretion.
1. Explain the function of each of the organs involved in excretion.
2. Relating Concepts Explain why a high concentration of protein in the urine may indicate damaged kidneys.
3. Recognizing Relationships Why would there be a decrease in urine output if a person had lost a large amount of blood?
4. Analyzing Concepts Given the definition of excretion, why do you think the large intestine is not classified as a major excretory organ?
5. For each set of terms, choose the one that does not belong, and explain why it does not belong.
a. carbohydrate, protein, lipid, and mineral
b. pharynx, epiglottis, bolus, and esophagus
c. cardiac sphincter, gastric pits, renal medulla, and pyloric sphincter
d. absorption, filtration, secretion, and reabsorption