CSCI 415 TERM PAPER TOPICS SELECTION – Spring 2020 Due Monday, February 7, 2021 (11:59pm) Please select your top three ethics topics (in order of preference) from the list below and email your choices to me by Monday, February….
Explain the differences between direct-control and indirect-control pointing devices. For each type of device name a task when the one type is more appropriate than the other
1. Explain the concepts and theories of Human-Computer Interaction (HCI) in a contemporary business environment;
2. Demonstrate an understanding and appreciation of user interface design, evaluation and technologies;
3. Apply contemporary theories and technologies of Human-Computer Interaction (HCI) for the design, implementation, testing and evaluation of user interfaces to support particular business needs;
4. Articulate to a diverse a range of stakeholders the application of Human-Computer Interaction solutions in different business environments;
6. Understand the ICT profession and professional expectations in human-computer interaction.
Description: Each week students were provided with three tutorial questions of varying degrees of difficulty. These tutorial questions are available in the Tutorial Folder for each week on Blackboard. The Interactive Tutorials are designed to assist students with the process, skills and knowledge to answer the provided tutorial questions. Your task is to answer a selection of tutorial questions for weeks 6 to 10 inclusive and submit these answers in a single document.
The questions to be answered are;
Week 6 (Question B)
Explain the differences between direct-control and indirect-control pointing devices. For each type of device name a task when the one type is more appropriate than the other.
Week 7 (Question A)
Provide a definition for the dimensions of the Model of Coordinated Action (MoCA).
Week 8 (Question B)
What are the obstacles to speech recognition and production?
Week 9 (Question C)
Describe with your own words each stage of the Five-Stage Search Framework
Week 10 (Question C)
Produce a definition of data visualization, and explain how it assists humans with their perceptual abilities.