Business Focus B2C B2B Total A survey of B2B marketers (marketers that focus primarily on attracting businesses) and B2C marketers (marketers that primarily target consumers) was based on 1000 B2B….
Discuss which leadership perspective or approach this person exemplifies.
Unit 9 Discussion Topic: Leader of the Ship
The history of studying leadership traits, styles, qualities, and characteristics is an extensive one. Leadership is a tool, a model, and even a trait. The tool of leadership is a powerful one that is widely revered in the field of organizational communication. A good leader can gather many for one goal, and a bad leader can mislead, waste time, and even waste funds. Leadership is sometimes looked at in terms of power, which can be problematic. A person who oversees employees, such as a manager, may think they are a leader but fail to exhibit leadership qualities. In contrast, an entry-level worker may exhibit leadership qualities. Not all leaders are managers, and not all managers are leaders.
In your discussion, respond to the following:
- Provide an example of a leader (from an organization) who you think is a great leader and explain why.
- Discuss which leadership perspective or approach this person exemplifies.
- Consider someone who you believe to be an ineffective leader (from an organization) and explain why you feel that way.
- Discuss which leadership perspective or approach the ineffective leader used and which perspective or approach would have made them more effective.
- Explain which leadership perspective or approach you think best fits you and why.