Bill was a rancher and owned 500 sheep. Vandals cut a hole in the fence that kept Bill’s sheep in his pasture and 200 sheep escaped from the hole. The….
Discuss the key differences in cultural variables between the United States and the country that are important when conducting business in the selected country
Reminder: Initial Discussion Board posts due by Friday.
Students will be expected to post their first initial discussion board posting by Friday of each week. Discussion posts will be graded and late submissions will be assigned a late penalty in accordance with the late penalty policy found in the syllabus. NOTE: All submission posting times are based on midnight Central Time.
Students are expected to post their responses to peers by Tuesday. NOTE: All submission posting times are based on midnight Central Time.
Primary Task Response: Within the Discussion Board area, write 400–600 words that respond to the following questions with your thoughts, ideas, and comments. This will be the foundation for future discussions by your classmates. Be substantive and clear, and use examples to reinforce your ideas.
Consider an organization you work for, have worked for, or would like to work for. Then, identify a country in which they do business or might do business outside of the United States. You also may select a company in contemporary business news that conducts business globally.
Discuss the key differences in cultural variables between the United States and the country that are important when conducting business in the selected country. What are the implications of these differences for the practice of business? Consider political, economic, legal, educational, and social systems of the selected country. Refer to Intellipath, MUSE, and Beyond the Book references in creating your response. Include a response to the following questions in your discussion writing at least one paragraph for each bullet point:
- Describe globalization and its benefits to business operations.
- What kind of management orientation style (ethnocentric, polycentric, regiocentric, geocentric) would you use to be most effective given the cultural attributes of the country?
- How would you overcome the anticipated barriers to communication? Provide specific examples.
Responses to Other Students: Respond to at least 2 of your fellow classmates with at least a 100-word reply about their Primary Task Response regarding items you found to be compelling and enlightening. To help you with your discussion, please consider the following questions:
- What did you learn from your classmate’s posting?
- What additional questions do you have after reading the posting?
- What clarification do you need regarding the posting?
- What differences or similarities do you see between your posting and other classmates’ postings