“Operations Strategy” Please respond to the following: •Choose two service companies that you are familiar with such as Facebook, eBay, and UPS, and apply them to Hill’s Strategy Development Framework…..
Describe how you would identify a need for strategic change in an organisation by Reviewing existing policies and practices
This is a major activity – your instructor will let you know whether you will complete it during class or in your own time.
Attach your completed answers to the workbook.
You must individually, answer the following questions in full to show your competency of each element:
- Identify change requirements and opportunities
- Develop change management strategy
- Implement change management strategy
Describe how you would identify a need for strategic change in an organisation by describing the following processes:
- Analysing organisational objectives
- Reviewing existing policies and practices
- Researching external events or trends
- Reviewing performance gaps, business opportunities or threats, management decisions
- Consulting with relevant managers, specialists and experts.
Describe how you would develop change management strategy for an organisation, including how to:
- Conduct a cost-benefit analysis for the change
- Identify barriers to the change
- Undertake a risk analysis and agree mitigation strategies
- Develop a change management project plan
- Obtain approval from the relevant authorities
- Assign resources to the project and agree reporting protocols.
Describe how you would implement the change management strategy including how to:
- Develop and implement a communication/education plan to promote the change and minimise loss
- Consult with relevant groups and individuals for their input to the change process
- Identify and respond to any barriers to the change
- Action any interventions and activities according to the plan
- Activate strategies to embed the change
- Evaluate and review the change
- Modify the project plan when necessary.