Ch. 6 & 7 discuss the influence gender and family have on delinquency. In addition, you have read briefly about gender and the juvenile justice system. Write a 700- to….
demonstrate substantial understanding about your topic and the current state of play on the issue.
The subject for the first of three larger written assignments in the course is the interaction between Congress and the Executive branches, topics from Modules 4-6.
A recent presidential election, new Administration, unified government, and renewed interest in separation of powers between co-equal branches, executive authority over the bureaucracy, the role of congressional oversight all point to a relevant range of subjects for you to select a topic, engage in research and analysis, and compose an essay addressing a current topic that illustrates executive-legislative relations.
Washington, D.C. is an extremely competitive, political town and you must work hard to govern — whether it is via legislation, an executive order, or to keep or increase your agency funding — it is an important part of government. No matter when on the legislative calendar or President’s agenda, you sell your ideas and compete for attention, staff, funding.
Choose an issue of contemporary relevance to the federal government — it may be an issue of primarily legislative oversight or initiative or executive branch purview. However, in particular, identify a current issue of contention between the branches and present a reasoned argument or analysis describing the problem or conflict and how the branches work (or fail).
- Submit a written analysis on a current topic of your choice. If you have any questions about relevant topics, please reach out to your Instructor.
- A quality report will be between 750-1000 words (3-4 content pages).
Clarity and detail, as well as connections to the structure and powers of each branches, are more important than length.
- You should use at least 5 quality sources to research and clarify your thoughts. When appropriate, the sources should be cited within the body of your analysis (using or style). A complete bibliography or Works Cited should be and the end of your submitted document and will include all sources from which you gathered information. URLs alone are NOT a sufficient citation (See or style guides).
- Be sure to check for clarity and appropriate word usage; complete sentences; correct grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- You should demonstrate substantial understanding about your topic and the current state of play on the issue.
- Be sure to follow all guidelines as outlined in the .