BP’s Corporate Culture
BP has had a record of mishaps affecting life, the environment, and the property of the company and other stakeholders. On October 26, 2010, the Public Broadcasting System (PBS) in the United States aired a fifty-three-minute TV documentary titled The Spill, which covered BP’s problems at its Texas City refinery, its Thunder Horse oil platform, its pipeline in Alaska, and the Gulf oil spill. Questions Review the PBS documentary The Spill at http://video.pbs.org/video/1625293496 and answer the following
1. Analyze whether BP’s corporate culture was ethical?
2. Why has BP’s culture developed as it has?
3. How you would suggest changing its culture?
4. What roles should the CEO and the Board of Directors play in making this change?
5. How could this change in culture be measured?