Bill was a rancher and owned 500 sheep. Vandals cut a hole in the fence that kept Bill’s sheep in his pasture and 200 sheep escaped from the hole. The….
Apply research, academic and communication skills appropriate to the level of study and observe academic referencing requirements
This assessment addresses the following Subject Learning Outcomes:
a) Apply research, academic and communication skills appropriate to the level of study and observe academic referencing requirements
b) Critically analyse texts and/or multimedia material in both a business and academic context
The assessment supports students in developing their skills and knowledge in sourcing books, periodicals and other documents, as well as evaluating the relevance, accuracy, and quality of the materials. Creating an annotated bibliography calls for the application of succinct analytical and reflective skills, as well as informed online and library research. This assessment provides experience and understanding of information literacy and the analysis and synthesis of a range of resources involved in academic research and writing
In this assessment, you will address a contemporary organisational or business issue and apply research skills to identify, select and analyse 10 sources to form an annotated bibliography. The issue and resources used in Assessment 1A will also form the basis for Assessment 1B – Forming an Argument.
A digital communications topic will be selected by your lecturer in week 1. The selected topic will be the basis of student research for all three assessments.
When examining a topic(decided by the facilitator), consider the following:
• Locate material (books, periodicals, white papers and other documents) that may contain useful information and ideas on your issue.
• Briefly examine and review the items and select 10 that represent a variety of perspectives on the issue.
• Write an annotation of 150 words for each reference summarising the central theme and scope. The annotation should include one or more sentences that,
o evaluate the authority or background of the author
o comment on the intended audience
o compare or contrast this work with another you have cited
o explain how this work illuminates your bibliography topic
• Reference the book, article, or document using APA 6th style in the reference list.
o Use at least 1 in-text citation per annotation.
Be sure to review a variety of resources before selecting the 10 most suitable ones. Please include a title page, use the APA 6th referencing style, and list the materials in alphabetical order.
Students are responsible for:
• Staying within the word limit
• Keeping drafts and backups of their assignment
• Submitting the assignment via Blackboard by the due date
• Ensuring their assignment is written and submitted while observing and committing to the Academic Integrity policy
Please note that if you require an extension for this assignment, you must apply using the university application form and provide verifiable evidence of extenuating circumstances before the due date and include your most recent draft. Please also treat the prescribed word limit as a limit not to be breached.