You have been appointed as a Network System Administrator by the SoftTech company in Sydney to allocate public IP Version 4 (IPv4) address into 3 different locations, “2 remote offices….
An in-depth investigation of an event connected with hospitality industry (preferably with less than 250 participants; avoid major/mega events like Olympics, World Cup events
Learning outcome covered:
- Identify the different opportunities existing in terms of events management and potential for growth in this increasingly important part of the hospitality industry. Students should understand the economic and competitive importance of this aspect of hospitality
- Identify the different stages and steps required in planning, managing and evaluating events, conferences and other special
- Organise a wide range of events
- Recognise and meet the various needs and expectations of stakeholders including
Assignment Task 1 (25%)
Event Case Study (selected past event)
This assignment task involves:
~ An in-depth investigation of an event connected with hospitality industry (preferably with less than 250 participants; avoid major/mega events like Olympics, World Cup events) that was successfully and professionally executed by an Event Management Company and
~ Submission of a written report on the event.
This event investigation report should sequentially include following:
- brief overview that includes (be specific and give actual details)
- the location of the event;
- Identity of the company/party that organized and managed the event and professionally;
- the name of the event being studied/investigated by you;
- description of the purpose of the event, covering
- the establishment overall event objectives and scope
- event concept, theme, and format
- the evaluation of the progress of concept to operational stage
- description of event’s environment (location, areas, facilities, )
- organizational and staffing arrangements for the event
- description of the target audience of the event;
- event promotion and event advertising
- financial arrangements (realistic estimates of the sources of income and budgeted expenses)
- evaluation of the event for improvement in the future
- Identification of the different opportunities existing in terms of events management and potential for growth through such hospitality
The report should be word-processed, double spaced and between 6 and 8 pages in length. (1,500 words)
Assignment Task 2 (10%)
Post Event Analysis (selected past Event)
After your investigation, write a brief conclusion to show your understanding of the economic and competitive importance of this event management aspect of
hospitality industry, commenting also on how the various needs and expectations of stakeholders (including participants) were recognised and met by the organizers of the past event. Include comments on any improvements or suggestions you had incorporated when planning events of this nature in task 2 and 3. (500 words) Assignment Task 3 (20%)
Event Planning Brief for the future event
- Assume you are to plan and stage the same or similar event at a future date. Using a standard template prepare an event brief for the event – 5 marks
- Write three paragraphs describing three stages of the event separated into pre, during and post-event activities – 15 marks (500 words)
Assignment Task 4 (25%)
Event Management Sheet (Event Master Plan) for the future event
This task requires you to identify the different stages and steps required in planning, managing and evaluating this event.
Using the information already gathered in Task 1 and information from other relevant sources, prepare your own Event Management Plan (using an appropriate template or the basic template given to you in class) for your planned event in Task
- The master plan should be comprehensive and should include a schedule of major tasks and activities to be followed in planning and conducting the event and all important and relevant aspects to be covered in making your future event a great success – 15 marks).
In addition to the basic details required for such planning sheet, please include:
- Event Runsheet (Event programme) – 2 marks
- Use of suitable project management tools such as Gantt charts and/or CPM– 3 marks and
- an account of what is expected out of the event by the main stakeholders of the event, what defined a successful event for them, and how the event evaluation will be carried out – 5 marks
You may use Excel spreadsheet or Table format for Task 4 and include in appendix with appropriate cross-reference. (No word limit)
Assignment Task 5 – This task is not connected with tasks 1 to 4 (10%)
You have been appointed as the CEO of a reputed Sports & Recreation Organisation in New Zealand. The events organized by them include five different event types:
- Competitive or non-competitive sport and recreation events
- Courses for members and players to assist them in learning about playing, coaching and officiating in sport activities
- Promotional events to promote the sport or the form of recreation activities
- Conferences on various aspects of sport or recreation activities
- Fundraising events (e.g. dinner functions, special entertainment functions, award evenings, charity auctions and bingo or card nights)
Event organising is a challenging activity which is dependent upon several critical success factors. Discuss briefly how these factors impact on the success of each event type listed above – 10 marks (500 words).
Overall written presentation of the Tasks 1 to 5 (10%) – 10 marks (see instructions below)
Instructions and format
- This assessment must be completed individually using an appropriate format.
- Limit your report to about 2,500 Spreadsheets attached as appendices will not be counted towards this limit. Include the word count at the end of the report. Word count does not include words in title page, list of references and appendices.
- Be consistent with your formatting for things such as headings, sub-headings and
- Use Times New Roman (size 12) with 5 line spacing.
- You may also include Appendices contain extra or supplementary material which gives extra information too detailed to be put in the main report but you think will help illustrate some aspect of the report.
- Use APA 6 convention for both in-text and in your reference Wikipedia is not considered a good source of reference.